Happy October! Yes, I realize it is now October 3nd, not October 1st and it's already been October for over 48 hours and that I am way behind in this October love fest post... but you know what, I don't even care cause I just love October so so much.
Some note worthy things about this beloved month:
1. Its my birthday month! WOOOO! As well as a lot of my favorite people's birthday months aka Rachel, Adam, Grandpa, etc, etc, etc. Seriously, who doesn't love birthdays?? October is a good month to be born just in case you were wondering or planning any births in the near future.
2. Its the month of HALLOWEEN. Ohmygosh... k lets discuss. Chilly weather, soup in orange pumpkin shaped bread bowls, the cutest little kids in the cutest costumes going door to door saying "trick or treat," endless amounts of candy, parties with friends, an excuse to decorate your house (or apartment) and do little extra special things all day long? Whats not to love?
3. It starts to get a little chilly outside. SO.. here's the deal it's not supposed to snow until after Halloween BUT the weather Utah has already been receiving is starting to make that look not so promising.Which breaks my little Arizonian heart. Seriously, snow is not my thing and it may or may not make me a little bit depressed. October gives me fall.. the perfect mix of summer and winter. The perfect weather for picnics and bonfires. For get togethers and outdoor parties. Seriously, its the best. I wish everyday could be a fall weather day
4. All things PUMPKIN! Pumpkin carving is like one of my favorite past times. Except the past few years I just carve out the inside and make pumpkin seeds with it and then paint the outside! Seriously, it's fun. Not even lying. My favorite part about carving though is going to the pumpkin patch and picking out the pumpkin. They are all so CUTE. Also, can we discuss the deliciousness of pumpkin bread?? And chocolate chip pumpkin cookies?? And the pumpkin bars with the cream on top?? GET IN MY BELLY.
5. Can all my Arizonians say Schnepf Farms?! Or Merticullio Farms place on Power and Elliot??! Cutest places ever. So many good memories at them both. Ah.
6. The leaves starts to change. I don't know about anyone else but I feel like the leaves changing is a fresh start at life altogether. Am i crazy? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Seriously.. i feel like October is like a new beginning and its one of the greatest feelings in the world.
October, thanks for being one of my favorite things and making me the happiest girl in the world. I love you